Aubergine, Chestnut & Lentil Ragu
playlist_add favorite_border share
- 5 min
- 15 min
- 2 portions
So tasty, and goes with anything, or on its own! Great as the nights start to draw in and you want some healthy comfort food.
- Cut the Aubergine into 2cm chunks and pan fry until soft. Set aside. Whilst cooking, crush the chestnuts with the back of a fork.
- Add oil to a frying pan and soften the onion on a low heat.
- Once softened, add the garlic for 1-2 minutes, then add the tomato puree, allspice and paprika. Fry for 2 more minutes to release the spices.
- Add the chestnuts, lentils, stock, tomatoes. Increase the heat then simmer until the stock thickens.
- Serve with basil. Goes well on its own, with pasta or anything really!