Chickpea Harissa Bowl
playlist_add favorite_border share
- 10 min
- 25 min
- 2 portions
An easy, delicious bowl that’s full of goodness. Perfect for during the week when you just want something quick and easy that makes you feel good. Add anything else you like, or switch rice for cous-cous or black beans.
- Cook the rice as per the instructions. Serve warm or cold.
- Halve the cherry tomatoes and place in an oven dish. Drizzle with oil, salt and pepper. Roast on 180 for 20-25 minutes.
- In a deep saucepan, heat the oil on a medium heat and cook the shallot until softened.
- Add garlic and fry for 1 minute, then add the harissa powder and fry for a further minute.
- Add the chickpeas and cover with the paste and onions. Fry for 2-3 minutes. Then add the chopped tomatoes and lemon juice. Cover the pan and simmer until thickened.
- Serve on top of the rice, add the avocado, cashew nuts, cherry tomatoes, coriander and a slice of lemon.