Harissa Aubergine with Tahcheen
playlist_add favorite_border share
- 15 min
- 30 min
- 2 People
Lockdown 3 and we’re still in love with Aubergine. Rose Harissa provides a lovely spice that balances well with the Tancheen. Lots of flavour.
- Halve the aubergine lengthways, then criss-cross them with a knife. Rub a tablespoon of oil and rose harissa paste into the top of each aubergine. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes on 180.
- Rinse the rise under water the bring to the boil with the stock and saffron (or turmeric if you don't have any).
- Once the rice has absorbed the stock, stir in the yoghurt, egg and parsley.
- Transfer to an ovenproof pan, cover with foil, and fry on a low heat for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to the oven for 5 minutes on 180c, then rest for a further 5 minutes.
- Combine the rose harissa paste with the yoghurt.
- Cut the tahcheen and plate with the aubergine and a dollop of the dip. Serve with a sprinkling of pomegranate seeds and parsley.